5 Books To Read This Valentines Day!
Updated: Feb 13, 2020
Confession time! I love Valentine's Day! Some people may think it is just a "Hallmark Holiday", which is fine. But I love Hallmark (DUH!) and my hubbie and I ABSOLUTELY celebrate Valentine’s Day!
Other than my book review reading, I always tend to read books that are set around whatever holiday is coming up. I have no idea why. As we all know, I am a bit wacky. So, through the years I have read quite a few books set around Valentine's Day. And, BIG SURPRISE HERE! Not all of them are Romance novels. Okay. Most have elements of romance, but it is Valentine's Day!
Check out some of my recommendations below.
1. The Valentine's Day Mystery: I started reading this one and it is a super cute, cozy mystery! Not Hallmark but perfect for any Hallmarkie! https://www.amazon.com/Valentine-Mystery-Cozy-Tess-Tilly-ebook/dp/B078J3YX42 FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED
2. The Saint Valentine's Day Murder: Interesting plot and lots of twists! Published in the late 80's. This novel can be read as a standalone but is the second book in a series. Some characters were already introduced in the first novel. https://www.amazon.com/Saint-Valentines-Day-Murders/dp/0312697325
3. Worst Valentine’s Day Ever: This is a romance anthology, which features around 10 authors. I will be honest and say I only read a few of the stories, but they are pretty good. https://www.amazon.com/Worst-Valentines-Day-Ever-Anthology-ebook/dp/B07N16BVZD/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=worst+valentines+day+ever+anthology&qid=1580154469&sr=8-1 FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED
4. The Ghost of Valentine Past: This is for all you Paranormal Romance readers. It is book 7 of the Haunting Danielle series (which is a wonderful series in general), but this one can be read as a standalone. https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Valentine-Past-Haunting-Danielle-ebook/dp/B0181DH3PW/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=THE+GHOST+OF+VALENTINE+PAST&qid=1580154659&sr=8-1
5. Happy Valentine's Day, Charlie Brown: I had to throw this one in because Charlie Brown books are classic, in my opinion. All of them are fun books to read with your children. https://www.amazon.com/Happy-Valentines-Charlie-Brown-Peanuts/dp/1481441337/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=valentines+day+reads&qid=1580155375&rnid=2941120011&s=books&sr=1-3